နော်ဗာဒက် ဒီဆေးသည် အမျိုးသမိးများတွင်ဖြစ်သောရင်သားကင်ဆာကုသရန်အသုံးပြပါသည်။
Nolvadex is the trade name for Tamoxifen. In some cases, health care professionals may use the trade name Nolvadex when referring to the generic drug name Tamoxifen. Nolvadex is a hormone therapy.
This medication is classified as an "anti-estrogen."
- Tamoxifen may be given as adjuvant therapy (treatment after successful surgery) in women or men with lymph node negative or lymph node positive breast cancer. Cancers with positive estrogen and progesterone receptors are more likely to benefit from tamoxifen. Tamoxifen reduces the risk of getting breast cancer in the opposite breast.
- Tamoxifen may be prescribed in metastatic (cancer that has spread) breast cancer in both women and men.
- Tamoxifen may be prescribed in women with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) who have completed surgery and radiation therapy. Tamoxifen may reduce the risk of invasive breast cancer. Risks and benefits of tamoxifen therapy should be discussed in this setting.
- Tamoxifen may be prescribed for women at high risk of breast cancer to reduce the incidence of developing breast cancer. Risks and benefits of tamoxifen therapy should be discussed in this setting.
- Tamoxifen may also be prescribed for treatment of ovarian cancer.
Note: If a drug has been approved for one use, physicians may elect to use this same drug for other problems if they believe it may be helpful.